Sunday, April 7, 2013

Fresh Start in the Dining Room

I've spent the past couple of week working on the dining room and I'm about ready to share the new look with everyone.

I didn't take any before images, but I looked around on Facebook and found these two old pictures of the dining room.  You can get a sense of the color and decor.





The black, laminate, 80s pedestal table with metal chairs and a broken down bench were the only furniture. Gary had a few pieces of coordinating wall art that weren't bad, but they reminded me of off the shelf, room-in-a-box type things that I had in my first apartment. He did have two great pieces of original artwork bought in Amsterdam that will be finding a new home in the hallway.

My goal was to bring a more modern style into the room. Here's my fresh start...  








The color is Woodlawn Colonial Gray by Valspar. It's such a clean palette and feels so open. My dining set is a great Craigslist find. It didn't come easy though, I browsed and searched practically everyday for weeks for the right pieces. I finally found this is incredible mid-century modern table, six chairs, China cabinet, and buffet for just $300!!!

I'm really excited to show everyone the finished product later this week...just trying to finish recovering the chairs so I can photograph the entire room.

(and you can see a sliver of the over-the-top aqua in the living room I mentioned earlier in the first photo...)

No comments:

Post a Comment