Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Eat, Drink and be Merry!

My (nearly) finished dining room!


 I still need to style the china cabinet and find a centerpiece for the table. I have some ideas for what I want, but I need the time to assemble the pieces.




 So... here's run down on what's in the room:
  • Dining room set: Craigslist
  • My curtains were my major purchase for the space. I needed two rods and six panels! Garden ridge has some great curtains at low prices. I got these gold faux silk panels for just $15 each. They still cost me $90, but it's half the price of what I would have paid at Target or Bed, Bath, and Beyond.


  • I bought the vintage flower art Goodwill for just $5! The vintage gold frames were also a Goodwill find and were $6 each (I plan on changing out the artwork soon). The vintage map of the US and the bronze antelope figures are estate sale finds from a few years ago. My paper-mache gazelle head was an impulse purchase at Garden Ridge, but I LOVE it!!!


  • I moved the chevron rug from the living room into the dining room to pull everything together. Its a little small but still really anchors the table and I like the modern mixed with the vintage accessories. I bought the rug several months ago at www.RugsUSA.com. They have incredible sales...This rug is regular price about $400, but I only paid $100 with free shipping! I was nervous ordering a rug online, but it's really great quality and I'm really pleased. 


Like I said, I still need to do some finishing touches, but I was just so excited to share the space with everyone. I'll post photos as I go!

xx
-kelly



No comments:

Post a Comment