Thursday, December 12, 2013

There's already been a change of plans for the holiday to-do list. Gary's parents think our sub-floor isn't going to be smooth enough to take the paper bag flooring... so I guess I'll have to live with the purple carpet a little while longer.

Instead, I'm going to focus in on the laundry room and a couple of small things in the bedroom. There's tons to do and it will definitely take the entire holiday. Here's what I'm hoping to accomplish:

Laundry Room (Budget: $150)
  1. Take down the shelving on the exterior wall. Losing storage you ask?!?! Crazy as it sounds, right now the extra wire shelving just makes the room look crowded and cluttered. 
  2. Paint the walls and the floor (Mint walls, white and navy stripped floor).
  3. Find wall cabinets at the Restore to hang above the washer and dryer, paint them navy.
  4. Find a small rug. 
  5. Taking down the shelving means I have to find some alternative storage for my pajamas, towels, Gary's shoes, and a few other things.
  6. Build a shelf cover to hid Gary's wire shelf. Spray paint the rod hooks navy, cover the rod in pretty contact paper.
  7. Build a shelf to rest on top of the washer and dryer.
  8. Spray paint the metal detergent navy.
  9. Get pretty baskets and jars for detergent, socks, undies, etc.
That's A LOT to do on $150! Let's see if I can make it happen!!!

Bed Room -- (Budget: As cheap as possible.)
  1. Get paint to match current color; patch holes and do touch ups.
  2. Find curtain rods and curtains (going to be EXPENSIVE because I need ten panels).
  3. Get a new shower curtain.
  4. Move blue dresser down stairs and paint dark blue or red.
  5. Start looking for cool side tables, mirror, wall art, pillow shams, etc. I want the room to have a really eclectic look so I'll be slowly finding unique pieces at the Goodwill, yard sales, and thrift shops.
I'm getting started this weekend!! I'm excited and I can't wait to blog about my progress!

-K


No comments:

Post a Comment